Our attorneys have represented companies of all sizes and individuals in complex disputes in a variety of industries. We have litigated cases in federal and state courts around the country, representing plaintiffs and defendants alike. Our experience includes, among other things, a wide range of business disputes; cases involving alleged fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and other business torts; and employment matters. We are also experienced in pre-dispute advice and counseling, resolving matters without legal action whenever possible.
Our experience on both sides of disputes gives us a unique insight into the decision-making process for both corporations and individuals alike, which translates into cost-effective discovery and litigation strategies. Examples of matters that the firm's attorneys have handled include:
- the representation of publicly-traded company in its pursuit of breach of contract claims against a distributor in arbitration hearing;
- successful defense of a small manufacturing company accused of trademark and copyright infringement, resulting in a post-trial judgment in favor of defendants;
- the successful resolution of employment discrimination charges, persuading the DFEH and EEOC to decline to bring suit against client company;
- negotiation of favorable resolution of wrongful termination and harassment claims on behalf of former employees;
- the representation of a publicly-traded company in a legal malpractice arbitration, defeating the law firm's motion for summary judgment and obtaining a multi-million dollar recovery;
- negotiation of a favorable resolution on behalf of trustees accused of mismanaging trust funds by a beneficiary;
- the successful resolution of claims against investment managers concerning the excessive fees charged to mutual funds;
- prosecution of claims on behalf of fortune-500 company for breaches of fiduciary duty against broker-dealers in three different FINRA arbitrations resulting in positive settlements mid-trial; and
- representation of individuals and companies in responding to SEC and FINRA inquiries.